Warhammer 40k: Tau XV8 Commander no longer available
The Tau XV8 Commander is no longer available at the UK site :p
Forgeworld Bulletin: Warlord Titan Heads
Howdy Guys and Girls :)
Today FW showed of an alternative head for the Warlord Titan (Warhammer World exclusive) -
"the few Forge Worlds capable of producing Warlord Titans each made their own modifications to the enormous god-engine"
- and the limited edition Centurion painted as Death Guard.
FW Amsterdam Open Day 2015 - summary
Howdy Guys and Girls =)
Althought there weren't much new models to see at the Open Day yesterday, we got a lot of information about upcoming FW HH and 40k products:
- Shattered Legions (with army list/ way to build a Shattered Legions force) vs Iron Warriors said to be the main theme
- "Shadow Wars" - not really part of the main story line
- Traitors "Shattered Legions" represent hunting teams send out by Horus to eliminate the Istvaan survivers
- Rules for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars. Only RoW, specific wargear, Legion rules - no special characters, no unique units or Primarchs
- New RoW's for ALL Legions - Emperor's Children get Kakaphonii as troops, Word Bearers Gal Vorbak as troops
- Dark Mechanicus is in, probably rules only at this stage, Daemons as fuel and other crazy stuff, wargear options, special rules
- Black Shields are probably in
- new Titan Legion never seen before
- should be available end of this year afaik
- should be Prospero, probably called Inferno
- Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, Sisters of Silence/Sororitas Silentum, Custodes are in
- maybe Agents of the Warmaster/ Agents of the Emperor
- they want to bring all the basic troops out before the book hits (Upgrade kits, Dreadnoughts, transfer sheets)
- more information/presentation next year at the HH weekender 2016
- Russ will get Freki and Geri :P
- Space Wolves are said to be more the Executioners, not Wulfi-Mc-Wulfiwuff
- either Signus/Thramas or Mars schism
- Daemons were planned for the second part of Calth/Ultramar, i guess we will see them now in the Signus book first
- 30k Skitarii are indeed in the works, Marc Bedford designed some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management to publish them
- Skitarii will be their own army list - not part of the Taghmata!
- 40k Mec stuff and Knights should be in the Mars schism book
- no Knight support infantery any time soon - they said the Solar Auxilia is intended for that
- there are concept drawings for Dark Mechanicum
- no real Daemon Engines yet - they are later in the Heresy!
- Ordinatus is finished and should be out within the next two months - more weapon options inc!
HH Masterclass book:
- should be out ~ Christmas
- should have paint schemes for all the Legions
- will use the FW airbrush paints
There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so no new releases in the next time besides the Venetaris with Axes)
GW's "dreaded" Plastic Models:
- looks like the team is ok with it, GW will produce the basic units and FW will focuse on Upgrade Kits/Special Characters/Legion specific units/Titans again
- they will produce more HH books in the future!! FW continues their Quest =)
Imperial Armour volume 12:
- They want to release a second edition of "Doom of Mymeara" soon - with an updated Eldar Corsairs list
The new Tau Titan should be up for pre-order soon, ~ 300 euros.
IA volume 14 should be Ad Mec vs Tau, but nothing set in stone yet. :)
AoS - Prosecutors video
and the second video, aswell as the sprues^^
AoS: Battletome Stormcast Eternals - first pics and GW-video :)
Howdy Guys and Girls =)
Enjoy the video (watch it! it includes some pages and art :>) and the first pics :)
FW Amsterdam Open Day 2015 part 5 - 30k Skitarii, Plastic HH, Ordinatus and more news
Howdy Guys and Girls =)
Some info from Arac (Tabletopwelt.de):
Book VI (talk with Andy Hoare)
*White Scars, Dark Angels and Blood Angels are in with rules
*Shattered Legions rules for all Legions (Traitors: Horus send some small groups to hunt the Isstvan survivors)
*There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so new releases aren't imminent)
Talk with Simon Egan
*there will be plastic Heresy from GW, but they'll continue
*Marc Bedford designs some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management (there's none at the moment) to publish them.
*there're 'Black Shields' in the book (Andy Hoare and Alan Bligh created them for Deathwatch). Here they're Marines who left their Legion and fight just for themselves
*the campaign is apart from the main events and portrays 'shadow wars'. With this it's possible to play several legions in one list. There's a shadow war for all 16 legions.
*Citadel seems to take over the basic troops (there was a talk with Simon about details and problems with plastic) - seems like FW will produce characters and more upgrade kits.
and via Storm666, Heresy 30k:
Book 6 will also include new rites for all legions. Two examples were:
- Word Bearers: Gal Vorbak as troops
- EC: Noise Marines as troops
Also basic rules for BA, DA and WS will be included - including a rite or two, special equipment and legiones astartes rule. Argel Tal will be in a later book - not book 6.
Also the writers are done. Now the artists are doing the layout and adding some graphics. Should be available in this year.
On display were the SA storm section with power axes (nice models). The rest was known stuff. BA and DA upgrades do look very awesome as does the painted ordinatus - which btw has the craziest rules I've seen so far. You basically lay down a 7" template on his hull- move it 72" in one direction and everything it touches gets a hit. Depending on the tract it varies from a S5 AP2 hit to a SD AP2 hit - of course all with instant death, armorbane, ignore cover and pinning. It is just absolutely insane. Cost a bit over 1.000 points per ordinatus. The second one with a belicosa pattern volcano cannon cost 700 points. Both have the ordinatus shield which gives -3 Strength / on the destroyer table in turn 1, -2 on both in turn 2 and from then on only -1. It is absolutely unkillable and it does a lot of harm. The new Tau suit also was on display as well as on sale - but I didn't get the prize. Rules should be out in a couple of weeks as well as those new decal sheets (also very nice pieces).
All in all it was an nice and small event. There was the awesome Calth board in the center, about seven guys from the design team and the sales area. Everyone was really friendly. But I didn't get anything from the talk with simon about the next primarch :-/
via Garro, Heresy 30K:
FW intend to start their dark mechanicum range and get it on its feet before wholesale porting the 40k AdMech range into the heresy. so its not in book 6 and won't be in prospero. however the mars scism book is loosely planned for book 8 or 9, depending on whether they want to do thramas/signus straight after prospero or not. in which case the mars book makes for a perfect place to introduce a large number of new mechanicum units, specially as the skitarii will consist of its own army list and not be random units joining the taghmata.
Talk from the open day is that mark bedford's got some designs for upgrade/conversion kits for the plastic skitarii but is waiting for management to give him the go a head, so don't expect them for a while
FW Amsterdam Open Day 2015 part 4: more transfer sheets, and more informations
more transfer sheets incoming :)
Also, more information from Lord Thørn:
- Doom of Mymeara 2nd edition should be out soonish (in the next couple of months), with an updated and expanded corsair list (new units, but no or few new models planned)
There was also quite a bit of very sweet concept art for Thousand Sons (depthcharge should be happy because tuning forks featured prominently :>), some hairy heads (read possible White Scars and Space Wolves), iconography/transfers for the Legions of Istvaan III, and Invictarius Suzerain stuff. Since the Invictarius are already out and they didn't look exactly like the ones in the sketchbooks, don't read too much in to this. (One of the World Eaters symbols really made me go wow, a kind of a profile hound skull bighting a world, which isn't on the transfer sheet that already exists.)
As already mentioned, lots of amusing and eerie concept art for Dark Mechanicum, I think we're in for a treat with those! Also, the sketches I saw still seemed relatively close to the loyalist counterparts, so there should hopefully be conversion opportunities.
Some talk about a possible online update of IA2, since Space Marines codex came out later.
[irony] No-one new anything about any possible plastic heresy, and there is nothing to suggest that it will be out next games day... [/irony] Read that this is pretty much :P None of the designers seemed concerned about Games Workshop taking over, and seemed to feel that it should complement Forge World's stuff, as a launching ground.
For the Space Wolves, it seemed like they were starting to plan them, but really just the very beginning stages. They don't know yet what the final Legion symbol will be, so that's a fair example of how early on in the process they are. Mark Bedford's examples were grey armour with black pauldrons, with the Wolf in the Stars (the Great Wolf's) symbol from the decal sheets, but that is only to get an idea. However, they also seemed to be grizzled warriors with jump packs, so JPs might not be limited to Wolf Guard and Blood Claws ?
However, any fears about them being Wolfy McWolfy Wolves can start to be quelled. The idea really seems to be to represent the Emperor's executioners and exterminators, as they were designed to be in the fluff, moving back to disctinctly Space Vikings vibe, rather than silly wolfiness.
The Solar Auxilia with the axes are the only new models, but they are really nice. Of course, I wouldn't have expected much more, since it is only an open day, with bigger events coming up very soon.
FW Amsterdam Open Day 2015 part 3 - Blood Angels, Mor Deythan
Blood Angels upgrade kits, Ravenguard Mor Deythan strike squad, Ordinatus
AoS: Knight Heraldor and Knight Vexillor leak
thanks @ evilazzaMachine =)
FW Amsterdam Open Day 2015 part 2 - HH Book VI informations and more
Howdy Guys and Girls :)
Some information from the Open Day:
Mark Bedfort is drawing ALOT of dark mechanicus drawings!
Dark Mechanicus Daemon Engines are supposed to be later in the heresy - only early experiments with daemons yet^^
Raven Guard Mor Deythan squad is nearly finished and should be up for pre-order soon.
Raven Guard Dark Furies are finished (but not shown), Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminators are in WIP stage.
Ordinatus is finished.
Solar Auxilia Veneratis Storm section with power axes is finished.
Looks like Book VI will include both the Shattered Legions - and an early Dark Mechanicus list (finally! but it seems rules only, no new models)
Prospero will come out after the basic models for it are done - so Custodes, Sisters, Wolves and TS
Upgrade Kits, Transfers, Dreadnoughts should be out before the book hits^^
Book VI is still scheduled as said back at the last events, Retalitation with Shattered Legions vs Iron Warriors.
HH Masterclass book - scheduled around christmas
Regarding Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus: They are working on dark mechanicum first
Regarding the Iron Warrior torsos: They have no clue what the star is :P
Regarding Knight support infantry: Solar auxillia are supposed to be the guards for the knights.
Also, 'cause it fits here, some information from m_r_parker from last Open Day:
From what I heard regarding Book VI:
It has been floated that the name is 'Retaliation', and will be a Conquest-esque tome focussed on the Shattered Legions (Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard) taking the fight back to the traitors, specifically the Iron Warriors.
It won't feature the traditional introduction of a Legion, with it's rules / characters / units / Primarch, but will feature a mechanism for creating a Shattered Legion force for both sides of the Heresy (both loyalist and traitor).
I believe it's also been mentioned that this book will contain the Legion rules for the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and White Scars - but will be restricted to Legion rules and Rites of War, and will not include any legion-specific units or characters (or Primarchs). This is to enable those waiting to do these Legions to start whilst they wait for their tomes to come out. This ties in with the upgrade packs coming out before the end of the year. I don't know if this will also contain the Wolves and Thousand Sons, but I have a feeling it won't and will be covered in the detail it requires in the Prospero book.
We may also see other elements of non-Astartes forces as well as other elements not tied to Legions - but this may not be this book, and may be covered later. At the Open Day Alan Bligh was talking about various things that he wanted to do, like dark assassins and 'agents of the Warmaster'. MIght not be for this book, but could be later.
thanks @ AlphariusOmegon108 and other ravens :)