Tags : warhammer tv facebook warhammer 40k
Hello everyone !!
Setting up the post for the stream starting in 11 min
Other option is going to the FB page : https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam
- Vehicles are now like in AoS.
- Will armies keep their playstyle? Well, they could plan them now from scrap, and hope that reflects better how they work in fluff, etc. But yeah, playstyle should feel the same.
- Horus Heresy will be done later. It's on the to do list!
- 1500 points game will be roughly 90 minutes.
- Old supplements like city fight will find a new home in 8th.
- Every model, scenery, monster, vehicle - they are all in. They all have rules.
- Command points are in. Your army has to be battleforged - FOC's are in. 14 different ones.
- You can spend these points for stuff like interrupt charging, re-roll dice, etc. Lot's of cool stuff!
-They are super valuable, super tactical, once they are gone, they are gona, but they can change a game.
- There will be a interactive forum for feedback, FAQ's, etc.
- Codices in the future will get faction specific command points.
- There will be new codices aswell as new books for all the factions.
- It's almost impossible to not find a FOC you can use for your army - there are lots of them in the basic rules already!
- Templates are going away. Template free system is the future.
-Most balanced 40k version ever ! lot of play tester ! EVERY UNITS should be useable and viable
-40K general handbook 1 per years for points change and evolving the game
-free rules : Digital + printed version (free) for launch in store (gw+independant)
-No tournament pack for now
-Goal was : Make a game that works for the 3 way to play, (freeplay, narrative, matched)
-Chaos is back on screen as a prime player in the galaxy
-2.5 years of dev
-listened to as much feedback they could. They really try to listen !
-2 sets of points value
1) narrative play : power point, simpler system.
2) Matched play : full granularity you pay for each thing you add (models, weapons)
-New faction at launch ! (could be new race)
-big Monster works like vehicule (aos style)
-stats are not caped to 10.
-Size of game supported :
Matched play : 1k to much bigger
Narrative : 1k to the sky !
-allied force : abilities will be linked to keywords so death-star are nerfed. (much more in controls of synergy)
-Force chart : allow allied force easily
-Keywords Driven system ! (aos like)
-Close combat should be viable again ! Charging is a big benefit now (striking first). (yay orcs)
-Benefit for sticking to one faction : More units from the same faction generate more command points by filling a bigger force chart. min maxing the smallest force chart generate 0 command point. hence balancing fluff and min/max.
-Forge world : points and rules aviable the same way gw regular stuff.
-1 news each day until release !
-VOUCHER for 40k rules book/codex bought 8 weeks before the announcements.
i mean : if you bought a codex/rulebooks 8 weeks before the announcements of the v8 you get a voucher (same value as the codex)
EDIT : pete tweet : "Hey! It's fixed to hit, opposed strength/toughness. #new40k"
EDIT : The core rules are around a dozen pages. But this doesn't include the rules for narrative, matched, battle-forged etc.