I am watching yesterday's Pete interview, adding interesting parts as I hear them.
- Chapter approved: Is part of the commitment they have to keep the game updated with things that won't work, updates, nerfs and buffs, suggestions. In a nutshell they are listening. They half admitted that they are doing a better job at looking at the game now than before.
-The range of options on units stay the largest possible but with a matched point conterpart. No problem doing ultra powerfull units if the points are spot on.
- Pete was an 'Eavy Metal painter (and now he's lead designer for 40k - wow what a man).
- With the new rules format (Warscroll style), they have an easier time to make a models rules fit what they are supposed to do in the fluff.
- Facebook is a good channel of communication with the dev team.
- The fact that customer comments showed that it was too hard to start 40k was a prime motivation for 40k v8.
Not much else.