Hello everyone !!!
Tomorrow you will be able to pre-orders the Indomitus Box !!
A huge Value box, also, stock maybe not that big, so better order fast!
Today review is about recensing changes from 8th to 9th that I found in the core book.
This is Part 1, Part 2 is coming about weird interaction!
Let's get to it!
Command Phase is a new phase. You gain 1 CP if your army is Battle-forged. Missions scoring often happen in this phase.
- Coherency rule change: If the unit is 6+ models, you need to be within 2" of 2 models from the same unit and in a single unit. (so no multiple packs of 2 models)
- Engagement Range: The 8th rules didn't define what was the engagement range. Now it's 1" horizontally and 5" vertically so no more debate! (or less at least ^^)
- Fall Back: Only titanic can now shoot after falling back! Flying units lost this ability. (Note that Airplane can still shoot after leaving melee, but not all flyers are airplanes.)
- Staying Stationary is a movement option now.
Disembark is now wholly within 3".
If the transport is Destroyed, you can charge or Heroic intervention the same turn! (it's turn and not Battle round).
That sux for the Heroic intervention :/
- Can leave the battlefield and come back next turn anywhere on the board, more than 9" but can't charge.
- Ignore Engagement range of non-flying unit during move phase.
- Aircraft models don't count to select the closest model for Heroic intervention or pile-in.
- Special reserve rules for Aircraft now :
- Fall Back Psyker can't cast psychic powers unless Titanic.
- You can use Psychic Power in engagement range.
- If Perils of the Warp kill the caster, the power fails.
- Only Inf gets -1 to hit for moving and shooting with Heavy Weapons.
- Vehicles and Monster can shoot in melee but with -1 for Heavy weapons.
- Tank and Monster can't use Blast Weapons in melee.
- Blast is now : 3 shoots minimum vs 6+ units and max attack vs 11+.
Look out sir: Have to be within 3" of a friendly unit to benefit from the rule.
- Charging with fly allow to ignore other models but not terrains.
- You can go over terrain but have to pay the move ^^.
- Multi Charge: You need to succeed your charge against every target units.
- Overwatch is now a Stratagem.
- Charge sub-phase.
- Must be within 3" and 5" of enemy units.
- Not if already in engagement range.
- Move 3".
- Aircraft (not flyer) can trigger an HI but doesn't count as closest model.
(weird, huh ?)
- Modifier on DICE ROLLS don't stack, so it's +1 or -1. Note that you can use a +2 to cancel a -1 and still have a +1.
- Six always hit or wounds.
- Target controller assign hit.
- Must assign first on a model that has been wounded or have been a target this phase.
- Models can fight if in Engagement range of the target (1"/5")
- Second ranks models can fight if within 1/2" of a friendly model within 1/2" of the target unit. So second ranks can't attack target on the
- second floor ! only the first rank!
- After charger attacked, the opponent is first to fight!
- Must always use equipped Melee weapons! (to avoid wiping a unit)
- Roll morale like in the 8th, if you fail you, loose 1 model no more no less.
- If the check is failed: Roll a dice for each model, on a 1, you lose one extra model.
- If a unit is below half strength subtract one from the D6 (so you loose model on 1 or 2, nasty)
- Subphase of the Morale phase.
- Check if the unit is in coherency, if not remove models until everyone is in coherency.
- It's brutal, especially if you charged with the units! Don't mess up your consolidating move!
Battle Forged Armies
- Must use BFA for matched play.
- Can't use Imperium, Nids, Eldar, Chaos, Ynnari keywords.
- Get 12 CP +1 each turn if the army is battle forged.
- Detachment will cost you CP instead of granting you some.
- Detachment Cp cost is refunded if it includes your Warlord.
- Auxiliary Support/Super-Heavy Auxiliary and Fortification don't gain Detachment abilities.
- There are 7 Stratagems now.
- Charge reroll nerfed as you must reroll both dices & reroll limited to what's in the list.
- Insane Bravery is once per game.
- Fire Overwatch is one per phase. (like all stratagem)
- It's new allow to place up to 50% of army in reserve, cost CP.
- No reserve on turn 1
- Flanking on Turn 2+
- You can Deploy in melee range of an opponent if you are within 1" of your deployment zone table edge & unit count as having charged.
Entirely new concept! In a nutshell, one unit uses his turn to make an action and score/do Something in relation with the mission.
Added to the Indomitus Review Mega Thread