Inside the studio (Primaris Dreadnought)
Hello everyone !!
Sculptor's talk about the new dread:
- 8 months work
- Lots of tests with helmet/human looking/ sarcophagus ...
- Wanted a BIG and Heavy Dread.
- They even animated it to see articulation moving
- Arms can be locked without glue
- Rocket on top (turn + elevation, quite mobile and quick reacting gun, maybe anti air?)
- Chest plate opens up to show off painted sarcophagus+cables ^^
- Center weapon (Rocket or bolter + future upgrade could be stuff like a flamer for Salamanders)
- All armor plates are separate like the Imperial Knight (so you can build the exoskeleton and then add the plates)
- Anti infantry/tank option on hardpoints.
Lots of design talk :D
I love that model - I need an army of them!
The Telemon Heavy Dreadnought on pre-order
Pre order from FW :
The Telemon Heavy Dreadnought is Forge World’s largest Dreadnought ever, closer to an Imperial Knight than one of its Castaferrum class relatives. Taking the design of the Contemptor-Galatus and Contemptor-Achillus to the next level, this gigantic war engine is a hulking, intimidating machine clad in baroque armour. Similar in scale and might to the largest battle-automata of the Mechanicum, the Telemon Heavy Dreadnought is no mere servo-automaton but an ancient warrior brought back from the brink of death by advanced technology and armed with a range of estoteric hand-crafted weaponry.
Price is 72£ with weapons.