Warmachine theme force release
Hello again !
Theme force release by PP :
Theme forces are a defining aspect of WARMACHINE & HORDES, and it’s about time that everyone gets their hands on one in the new edition. As the new Command books begin to roll out for the majority of the Factions in the game—each of which contains new theme forces—we decided we didn’t want to make certain Factions go months without a single theme force while others enjoyed access to several.
With that in mind, the PDF at the end of this Insider contains a new theme force for each Faction that does not currently have at least one . For example, you’ll notice that there isn’t a Trollbloods theme force in this document, and that’s because Forces of HORDES: Trollbloods Command just released. All of the theme forces we’re giving you today are immediately legal for organized play, and we hope you have as much fun playing them as we have had crafting them!
Hello everyone !!!
More warmachine spoiler
Hurricane is april
Khador too i guess
cryx is may ? (not sure)
Kharybdis can create clouds as a star action
and his bond with aikos2 gives him prowl
Mortenebra2, field marshal warjacks heal when another warjack is destroyed in their melee range
feat: battlegroup gains flank [battlegroup]
The Greylord Forge Seer is likely to see high demand, since the model’s Empower ability grants warjacks a free focus point. FA 2
New warmachine release
Morning everyone !!
New warmachine release : http://privateerpress.com/
Forcebook for Protectorate
Hello everyone !!
Chain attack just dropped the spoiler for the protectorate force book.
Eye of Truth
Gaze of Justice RNG8 ROF1 POW14 Continuous Fire, Magical
Shield RNG1 P+S13 +2 ARM
Holy Wrath RNG2 P+S18 Continuous Fire, Magical, Flame Burst
Bond [Malekus] - While this model is bonded and in control, Malekus can channel spells through Eye of Truth
Holy Light - While within 5" of this model friendly models ignore spells that add to an enemies armor or defense
Oracular Vision - Spend a focus to prevent damage from an attack
32 Damage Boxes
Heavy Flame Thrower SP10 ROF1 POW12 Continuous Fire
Apocalypse RNG2 P+S14 Continuous Fire
27 WJ points
Flame Trail - When this model advances into base to base contact with an enemy model during its activation that model suffers the continuous fire effect
Feat - Clash of Flames - Feora casts incite without spending focus, additionally while in Feora's Control Area friendly models gain Flame Trail. Lasts 1 round
Menoth Theme 1
For every 20 points of Flameguard Models/Units gain a Flameguard Command Attachment or 1 small based solo.
Warjacks gain Girded
Up to 1 Daughters of the Flame unit gains Ambush
Menoth Theme 2
Avatar of Menoth
Covenant of Menoth
Protectorate Battle Engines
For every 25 points of Battle Engines and Warjacks add 3 wracks or 1 other solo to the army free of cost
Solos and Choir gain Reposition 3
Friendly Models can begin game with upkeep spells in play.
Privateerpress stance change on copyright
Hello everyone !
Maybe you know it, PrivateerPress released an errata 15 days ago !
The big news was the Community Integrated Development announcement and the abandon of the physical cards.
What does this mean ?
1) Rules + stat are free
Yea for reals you can dl the rules already and the units stat should be aviable soon.
PP plan to implement a "print on demand service" for ppl that really want physical cards. (And there is a number of them).
2) They want to consult the community with buff/nerf.
Yea it's true the "big chimere" of the game development, patching with the players ^^
I am not sure how it's going to work but heh they are trying hard to make their game the best possible.
Basically : They conceded that even by taking 3 years of dev and doing testing non stop, they can't get everything right.
The number of interaction and the different meta make it very hard for them. As a result, one of the faction (Skorne) was dead on arrival, and the number of their viable list was very limited.
Tonight they posted this quote explaining that you can post unit stats on the web.
From the desk of Brent Waldher, the Director of Legal Affairs
With the significant changes to the presentation and production of WARMACHINE and HORDES stat cards, we have received many questions regarding how the audience may use the information or copyright-protected content presented on those cards. This document provides you with guidelines regarding how you may utilize these materials without getting in trouble with Privateer Press.
First and foremost, it is critical that we maintain the integrity of the cards for the games of WARMACHINE and HORDES. So, for the purposes of official competitions the only valid formats for the cards during a WARMACHINE or HORDES game are those available through the official War Room™ 2 app or as supplied by Privateer Press in unaltered format. Cards that have been modified from the original format presented by Privateer Press will not be valid for tournament play (e.g., cards with any changes made after download from the Privateer Press website). Cards that have been physically produced by players from the official documentation provided by Privateer Press should be examined by their opponents and/or event organizers to determine that the information on the cards is correct. Players may not use third-party sources of information to play WARMACHINE and HORDES in tournament settings.
How you may use the information presented on the WARMACHINE and HORDES cards
In the past Privateer Press has been very strict as to where rules may appear outside of materials offered by the company itself. This was done for a multitude of reasons, legal and otherwise, which this document will not explore, and some of those reasons still absolutely apply. However, we realize that the ability to discuss the game in places other than the Privateer forums is critical to the success of Community Integrated Development. Therefore, Privateer Press will be modifying its stance on this policy. (Please keep in mind that Privateer will likely update its policy periodically as the program evolves.)
The following are the new guidelines to using the materials presented in the stat cards, with the understanding that Privateer may revoke these privileges from any given individual or individuals at any given time:
• Use the copyright-protected written materials presented on the cards and the rule books to discuss the models in their entirety, in whatever medium you may wish to use. That means forums, blogs, podcasts, vlogs, and other forms of media are all open for discourse.
• Archive the copyright-protected written materials presented on the cards to preserve them in physical format or in an electronic database.
• Replicate the stat cards, in their entirety and intact as presented by Privateer Press, for non-commercial use only. Privateer Press will have a collection of print-on-demand vendors in the near future to serve your needs for physical card reproduction—stay tuned for that news. You may also use your personal home printer or local print-on-demand sources such as FedEx Office (f.k.a. Kinko’s). Mass production of the cards for the purposes of selling them is prohibited (see below).
You may not:
• MAKE MONEY. Do not monetize any offering created through the use of any trademark- or copyright-protected materials presented by Privateer Press, including but not limited to the rules and stat cards for WARMACHINE and HORDES. All community-created assets derivative of Privateer Press intellectual property and products must be free to the public. Attempts to trade on or profit from Privateer’s intellectual property is a willful violation of Privateer’s intellectual property, and as a matter of law we would be forced to end any violation immediately through legal notice or civil and/or criminal litigation. Third parties that wish to monetize intellectual property created by Privateer Press must license with Privateer Press first.
• STEAL ART. Do not use any of the art presented on the stat cards for any other purpose. The artists that created these works did so with a specific purpose in mind. Please honor their contribution and preserve it in its original format only.
• STEAL BOOKS. Do not duplicate the entire contents of any books that Privateer creates, and do not post them online in any format. Specific rules should absolutely be referenced in the context of explaining the rules for a model presented on a card, but use common sense about how much of the rules are necessary to make your point.
• HIJACK TRADEMARKS. Do not use the trademarks without clearly indicating who owns the marks and clarifying that your use is unofficial. If you need guidance on this point, simply look at the legal line on any product we produce.
• TRY TO BE US. Do not attempt to create any official materials. That’s our job or the job of our legally authorized licensees.
• CREATE APPS. Do not create any electronic applications that replicate any function or service that War Room 2 already provides or that, in actuality or in spirit, violates anything written above. Creating an application, for instance, that turns a rule book into a searchable database is effectively copying an entire book. Seriously, if you want to make an application for one of our games, just e-mail me at email@example.com to get permission before you even start—please don’t make me shut down something that took you hours or days to produce.
What to expect in the future ?
A new faction is being released and pp want to use the CID (Community Integrated Development) for it ! we will see then !!
Now in store for warmachine
Hello again !
New models in store :
be sure to check errata before ordering !
Warmachine first errata
Hello everyone !
Latest errata hit :
Warmachine: Insider about he upcoming errata !!
Hello everyone !!
Today one of the Will's answers community questions about the upcomming errata !! (mine is number 20°)
March release for warmachine (Legion & Cygnar)
Hello again !
Sharing the warmachine spoiler for march !
-Caine 3 warcaster unit (merc/partisan cygnar)
-New maddox heavy jack : Brickhouse (wtf with the pose ?)
-Kallas new warlock
-Azrael : Nephilim character warbeast
-Cygnar force book
-Legion force book
Play it painted 11 !
Hello everyone !!
After painting the Bloodbowl human team i wanted to focus on trainning my brush skill. I find painting a lot easier with an air brush and sometime i am even scared of when i have to swap to the brush.
i know i need to improve in certain area (all of them) to get a good tabletop quality.
This model : A really old nemo prime in metal. (at least 8 years old)
What i want to train : Contrast and NMM*
NMM* : i hate painting metal, NMM, TMM, gold, cooper, i tried a lot of shortcut with enamel, liquid metal from Vallejo,
airbrush metal from vallejo (incredible paint tbh). but in the end i am never happy with my metal contrast.
I started with a black primer and a grey zenithal to the part i wanted to highlight (the goal is not pre-shading but having a guide to where the points of light are going to be.) Then i cleaned the airbrush and switched to the brush.
For the blue : i started from a Cygnar blue from p3 and shaded it with a succession of thin layer by adding a mix of blue ink from Vallejo and black from gw. then i highlighted with Cygnar highlight (p3) and up to the white. my goal was to get a very strong contrast from nearly white to nearly black on every panel, even the small one !
Grey : Same plan, from, very dark to very light, i simply used a grey (cold grey from Vallejo). shaded with black and highlighted with white. The objective was to make an NMM, some part like the turbine backpack are ok but the staff was a lot harder.
then i painted the rest of the mini :
ps: tried and failed a nmm gold with verdigris effect ^^.
ps2 : the hairs and facial pilosity are a lot more contrasted IRL and a lot less white/yellow.
My conclusion : I learned something important with this project, it's a lot easier to improve if you focus on a technique and don't really care about the final look or about the ten other marines you have to finish ^^.
In this case to be honest the model is old, the sculpt is nothing special and his power level is at the bottom of my faction ! Plus it's metal, i can clean it if i want ^^ Without pressure of messing a unit scheme or something, it was a lot easier to focus on the paint technique. Better train on not important mini, instead of your last forge world primarch.
Time to start a new training project and without blue !!!
tips : it's like Duncan say "Thin your paint"