Dark Angel Fluff with P.Kelly
Hello everyone !
Stream is on on twitch
Phil Kelly is talking about Dark Angels Fluff
I'll update here if we have any hint or revelation made on the stream.
Luther : Chaos corrupted him + all other under him (as per canon).
Lion was delayed by Chaos.
Went back and wasted the planet ^^
No lion return yet but still sleeping in the Rock.
Half admitted that recent developments blurred the white/black line.
Pete Foley on twitch
I am watching yesterday's Pete interview, adding interesting parts as I hear them.
- Chapter approved: Is part of the commitment they have to keep the game updated with things that won't work, updates, nerfs and buffs, suggestions. In a nutshell they are listening. They half admitted that they are doing a better job at looking at the game now than before.
-The range of options on units stay the largest possible but with a matched point conterpart. No problem doing ultra powerfull units if the points are spot on.
- Pete was an 'Eavy Metal painter (and now he's lead designer for 40k - wow what a man).
- With the new rules format (Warscroll style), they have an easier time to make a models rules fit what they are supposed to do in the fluff.
- Facebook is a good channel of communication with the dev team.
- The fact that customer comments showed that it was too hard to start 40k was a prime motivation for 40k v8.
Not much else.
Jes Goodwin interview transcript (on warhammer tv)
Hello everyone !!
Twitch interview with jes is on going !
First phase is complete (starter)
Started 3 years ago on primaris
Jes was super stressed about but happy it got well received.
jes like his marines "stripped" of fioriture
MK10 armor were designed with their role in mind.
They designed the starter kit to be "plain" to make room for future characters. Jes explain that if they started with a lot of details, specials characters would be overburden.
Jes making joke about possible salamander presence.
jes may have lost(stolen?) sketchbook for the Primaris.
Intercessor : Basic trooper, helmet and shoulder are same size of the old marines. Added some details between knee and waist.
Some tech bitz ,like plug for blood transfusion, com unit on the sergeant wrist, gorget for more defense style, Ankle protection. Some of these design were already drawn for MK8.
They played alot with the waist/legs joints to give them dynamic poses (i think we can expect solid option when the multipart kit are released.)
The idea was make small difference in design on the bolt pistol, some have a shorter clip or bigger nozzle.
A bite more decoration but not overdone.
The rank is not new but come from RT era. the Painting on his helmet come from an very old painting guide.
Multiple option of face mask, respirator, face.
Gravis captain :
gravis armor is a layered armor, the armor is bigger because there are more layer and not because it just a whim.
Different mk10 by design, adapted for flying tactical assault. They are not designed to be assault marines. They are drop trooper.
It's an heavy armor, mix of grave chute and flying armor, bunch of renforced bitz. The weapons design is supposed to reflect the rules and the role they have in mind.
Plasma gun units :
Same sort of armor as tactical,
They have multipart facemask/helmet/respirator options.
Dread is a framework, Different style of armors for different roles.
there could be option for opened cockpit or sarcophagus (but maybe it was only by design)
Repulsor tank :
it's not a grav tank, it's nothing like a speeder.
It's a powerful tank not an agile one. It's a brutal brick.
There are lof of gothic details inside and on the back.
It's not a MBT but more a transporter with support pack sculted on.
Artist division interview by warhammer TV
Hello again everyone !!
Super interview by warhammer tv about the illustration on gw IP.
I saved some picture.
Twitch transcript : fluff about shadespire
hello everyone !!!
Quick transcript about Alexander Tuxford interview, a fluff writer for "ShadeSpire skirmish"
-Warhammer underworld : Shadespire is a town.
-City of shadespire exist between light and shadow realm. but before that, it was a trading hub in the realm of death. A wealthy place with a new class of self made man "cataphran". They invented how to store soul so they dont depart (and could transfert knowledge too). Off course Nagash wasn't super happy about soul not departing to him and felt hungry and hangry. Then he goes all magical on them and boom remove the "soul from the city" it was in the age of mythe. The town was left to rot in the desert during the age chaos with no one knowing about it. It's because everyone was so scared of nagash curse, map were burned, messenger were killed and so on. Town is very very big with a bunch of artifacts, gems etc "stuff of legends"
-So now the city was rediscovered and warband goes into it to loot and be the next great warlords !
-Not everyone in the realm of death is a skeleton with a sword. There are free peoples in it (more morose?). So you can build warbands from any alliances X realms combination !
-The desert around is a bone desert with winds that suck your souls and transform you into skeleton. (killing around 50% of the person sent ^^)
-It's more than creating a city it's about conceptualise the whole realm of death.
-In the realm of death there are a few oasis with water and plant where living can survive.
-As ppl from the realm of fire have the "passion of fire". In the realm of death the "cataphran" (not sure about the writing) cheated death and this was the greatest achievement, so that is a defining point of them.
-Shadespire details : Hills of bones engulfing parts of the city, horrible spirit roaming around.
Blades of khorne :
-writer (alex) joke about : Difficulty to find synonym to blood ^^
-Some rambling about number 8 and some tribes that cut their fingers to get to 8 ^^
-Why number 8 ? : no answer.
Age of myth
-There was a lot of wealth and empire in the age of myth ! it's interesting to imagine how these nobles house crumbled so fast in the age of chaos !
that's all for now !
Prediction : pretty sure we are going to see an army or something with these "cataphran" (maybe a native english speaker could help me with the writing.)
AOS skirmish stream debrief !
Hello everyone !!
here's the transcript of the first game :
- Price for the book is 6 pounds.
- nearly all units are in the game !
- Easy way to play small games - 5 to 20 models.
-Warband composition is : 1 hero + up to 20 models.
- Wizards have access to 3 new spells.
- Set in Shadespire, event with nagash ! (death and rebirth) in the realm of death.
- People in Shadespire offended Nagash.
- 6 battleplans with narrative connections (so it's a mini campaign)
- Magic items are in.
- Upgrades are possible.(xp)
- Fast and quick games of AOS.
- No big monsters.
- Shadespire was a great and rich city but as said earlier they offende nagash and got blasted to ruins.
- banners and musicians works in 6" radius (not sure on this one )
- use normal warscroll from aos to skirmish (so same rules)
- any battleplan from aos can be used in skirmish.
- 3 new spells :
soul siphon 1 mortal + 1 heal one wound,
pathway : teleport one model 12"
shardmist : -1 to hit ranged in 6"
- Multiple new command abilites.
- grot scrap launcher are into the game.
- first mission : Seize the relic.
- All units model move as independent model.
- Warband must be from the same grand alliance
- you can divide attacks
- battleshocks are one per turn and for the whole warband.
- unit composition : min is 1 max is 20 (or warscroll not sure)
- 2 upgrades in post game sequence if you win major (roll 3 dices pick 2)
- 1 upgrade in post game sequence if you loose.
There is no xp per se but battle award and extra renown for increasing the size of the warband.
A boxset is coming : 4 miniatures set and a scenery set.
Conclusion : it's pretty much a frostgrave with simpler rules . Using regular AOS rules, models die very very fast so it's as nervous. When you think about it the initiative roll (taken from frosgrave) is in too and it felt a lot like watching a frostgrave game. Maybe it's a bit light on campaign side missing all the options frostgrave have. But on the other hand there is a lot more of warscroll and cool synergie in aos.
I would have liked some rules for assisting attack (like bloodbowl or frostgrave) and maybe some terrain rules for shooting.
But i guess no door is closed if the game is popular and we could see some extension.
Tomorow with Pete
Hello again !!
Big Q&A with the v8 team leader !
you can watch the stream on the main page on warofsigmar(on the right )
Will do a transcript of course !
warhammer TV live
Hello everyone !!
Warhammer tv is live !
JERVIS JOHNSON IS TALKING RIGHT NOW !
J on v8 :
- V8 was made broad and flexible (3 way of playing)
-Easy to play and start is a focus.
-Games are like a garden : tend to overgrowth and you need to « prune » it at some point. v8 is a good opportunity to do it.
-They learned from the past, enjoying playing the game is what they want.
-Games should be easy to tackle (easy to play hard to master?)
-They made all the armies at the same time so they have a good idea of mechanisms as a whole.
-The first International grand tournaments was JJ asking the studio managers money to organise it, so he could talk about the game with very invested players.
-JJ Love the way GW interact with us now, using the new media
-JJ loved american Football and wanted to mix it with warhammer.
-Favorite rules : Turn over rule in bloodbowl (3ed), his first game with conscious experience on game design. Invented in the bath ^^
-JJ vision of faction is skewed by his job. So he's always thinking is this right or ok ?. Exception is Bloodbowl he's back to be a coach now and enjoy the game.
Thx for inventing Bloodbowl JJ !
Morning everyone !!
This is the stream post for today - check it out it's a great tournament :)
Kharadron reveal on warhammer tv
Hello everyone =)
Today's twitch stream should be very good with a lot of juicy news - must watch!
Don't worry if you cant attend we'll do a coverage here :D
flying dwarf at 17h15 uk time
1) Scenery : the new industrial range scenery is made to be compatible, same with the other scenery coming up in the future! all the dimension are standardized for multiple configuration options. Hard to explain by text but the video explanation really pleased me ^^
2) Modular AOS scenery is planned.
3) Software record tracking at warhammer fest for tournament player to enter result. "Best coast Pairing App"
EDIT : the kharadron reveal is on facebook : warhammer tv
Btw we will do our coverage of the battletome Saturday 00h01:01 ;)
-but 6 major different sky ports with different rules/background/color.
-Rules for doing fleet not coming from major skyports.
-100% money/merits based society.
-To prevent a civil war they made a CODE.
-Painting guide for each major ports.
-Magic item for heroes and ship
-Around 12 different units, not much but each one have a lot of options
-5 battle plans.
-Jet pack dwarf move fast and doesn't take space in transport.
-Arkaunauts are 12pt each
Khemist warscroll :
Thudererers warscroll :
imgur : http://imgur.com/a/Z7Myy
Atia & bob.